BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) IV Coordinator II-Liberator Medical Supply in Stuart, Florida
Job ID: 2018-12156
Career Level: entry level
Division: Liberator Bard Medical
Location: Stuart,Florida,United States
To verify new patient insurance coverage and to re-verify existing patient insurance coverage for
medical supply eligibility and billing purposes.
Summary of Position with General Responsibilities:
1. Verification and documentation of new patient insurance coverage and coordinating costs for
supplies in order to communicate to the patient and billing what the patient order cost will be
2. Re-verification of existing patient insurance coverage to ensure that repeat order cost and eligibility
is communicated to the patient and the billing department
3. Contact insurance carriers to request any prior authorizations as needed for patients that must seek
prior approval before obtaining medical supplies
4. Special verification projects for newly contracted insurance plans and audit of any patients that may
5. Verification of insurance coverage through HIPAA and regulatory complaint out bound phone calls
or via the providers online portal
6. Communication internally with Sales operations or Medical Billing operations of insurance eligibility
for each new and existing patient in order to complete the sale or obtain further medical
7. Communication externally with patients to explain information received relative to their insurance
benefit and how it relates to their medical supply purchase
8. Develops and maintains knowledge in medical terminology, billing and insurance guidelines
9. Ability to identify and professionally resolve insurance verification related issues
10. Track daily production and submit daily log to direct supervisor
Essential job Functions:
1. Maintain a positive work atmosphere that embodies Liberator’s philosophy- Professional excellence,
teamwork and integrity.
2. Performs other duties and tasks as assigned
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge:
1. Language: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret medical supply publications, technical
procedures, and/or training tools. Ability to write internal and external business
correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from
management, team members, and/or customers.
2. Math: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions,
proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply intermediate math skills.
3. Reasoning: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to
interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Advanced analytical reasoning to include ability to forecast exponentials within work flow
processes and reason against outside factors.
4. Computer: Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, Access or other database software.
5. Telecommunications: ability to utilize or knowledge of call center telecommunications
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status