BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Value Stream Manager in Sumter, South Carolina
Job Description SummaryReports directly to the Continuous Improvement Manager with dotted line to the Business Unit Manager for their value stream. Leads value stream Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives through Lean manufacturing disciplines. With the support and guidance of the Continuous Improvement Manager and the Executive Steering Committee (ESC), develops and implements a strategic plan for continuous improvement of the value stream. Supports Lean Manufacturing skills development of the value stream team by educating associates and engaging them in value stream improvement projects. Leads Lean blitzes to eliminate waste, reduce product cost and improve business performance. Ensures the integration of the value stream continuous improvement plan with plant level goals and objectives.
1. Coordinates with Franklin Lakes Market Platform Leaders to develop plans for, coordinate, and ensure ongoing value stream improvement over time.
2. Integrates activities with other Preanalytical Systems (PAS) unit-level (HQ) functions, including Operations, Cost-to-Win, Continuous Improvement, Quality, and Regulatory.
3. Communicates activities with other PAS manufacturing sites to share Best Practices.
4. Serves as the Plant’s product and process Subject Matter Expert (SME) for a business unit.
5. Owns the Lean enterprise and product CI and Cost-to-Win responsibility for a business unit in the Plant.
6. Coordinates with Business Unit Management to develop CI opportunities and budgeted cost reductions.
7. Responsible for ensuring Cost-to-Win as a percentage of Cost of Goods Manufactured (COGM) Goal is achieved.
8. Leads the strategic planning activity around value stream continuous improvement as well as developing and executing the implementation plan for that strategy.
9. Works directly with functional managers or designees to identify value stream CI opportunities.
10. Responsible for ensuring value stream team members receive the necessary education and training in the use of Lean tools, Six Sigma tools, and problem solving methodologies aimed at the achievement of CI objectives.
11. Coordinates and facilitates CI blitzes and projects.
12. Maintains current state and future state value stream maps.
13. Coordinates with accounting to ensure that value stream CI improvements are tracked, monitored, and trended for an appropriate time period to determine performance to expectations.
14. Ensures ongoing progress and adequate resources are in place to achieve goals.
15. Takes direction from the Executive Steering Committee (ESC) and is a member of the ESC
BA/BS Degree REQUIRED (preferably in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or Business related curriculum).
Experience and Knowledge
Minimum of 3 years Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing Experience
Working knowledge of SAP (Enterprise Resource Planning program) and Quality Assurance techniques.
Proficient in use of computer software, specifically, MS Office programs (Excel, Word, Visio).
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in project management, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Minimum of 3 years' experience coaching and facilitation.
“Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.”
Primary Work LocationUSA SC - Sumter
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.