BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Application Specialist, IDS in The Strategy, Singapore
Job Description Summary
Responsible for supporting Singapore customers in providing a broad range of pre-sales and onsite post-sales support for BD Veritor: operator training, troubleshooting, and all related after- sales technical support.
Provide on-site advance troubleshooting of Integrated Diagnostic Solutions instruments and assays / tests, with specialization in Veritor
Engage with Field Service Engineer on on-site customer support
Provide prompt and efficient post-installation technical support to the customers.
Teaming with Key Account Manager on sales calls and acting as a technical consultant/expert to provide prospective customers with technical information to assist with their purchasing decision
Perform on-site demo and/or clinical trainings for customers
Develop and maintain effective training materials for product platforms.
Serves as customer contact in technical related problems, inquiries and product application issues.
Work overtime as needed by the customers. Work flexible hours as business needs require, including emergency troubleshooting of instruments.
Be proficient in functionality of the instruments and understand the processes required in the troubleshooting of assays/tests
Gathering customer information about technical trends/needs to support development of selling strategies and future products.
Participate in continuous improvement efforts of the Applications/Technical department.
Comply with all local BD established policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of these principles.
Other duties as assigned.
Serves as customer contacts in technical related questions,
• Degree / Diploma in the field of Science/Microbiology/Biology
• Minimum 2 years of technical support experience, preferably in Medical Device Business or related industry
• Possess a driving license and own transport.
• Willing to work on shift and on-site at customer
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Effective communication skills to clearly articulate technical and product information to both internal and external customers
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and the ability to use sound judgment in responding to client issues and concerns
• Ability to adapt to changing environments and receive constructive feedback
• Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities, make appointments, plan schedules and coordinate efforts with call center as well as other Service and Support personnel
• Knowledge of the diagnostic laboratories processes and techniques
• Comfortable working in a cross functional dynamic team environment
• Knowledge of information systems and IT architecture and development of custom interfaces with LIS will be added advantage.
• Knowledge and understanding of Biosafety standards will be an added advantage
Primary Work Location
SGP The Strategy
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.