BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Production Technician (Technician 1) in Tuas, Singapore
Job Description Summary
To perform manufacturing activities which include operation of machines, quality inspection, set-up and maintenance of machines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Check and record the machine or process parameters and take corrective actions if necessary to ensure that machine or process is under control.
2) Perform sampling inspection of parts as per the quality plan to ensure that the products are within specification.
3) Handle the disposition of non-conforming products as and when required by the quality plan.
4) Perform minor troubleshooting to ensure continuous running of machine.
5) Perform housekeeping and cleaning of machine and work area to ensure neat and tidy working environment.
6) Update the machine PMS satellite of the correct component lot numbers, accurate shift output, waste and downtime.
7) Perform product/machine changeover on the line by clearing the previous lot parts, change of materials, tool/die change and minor machine set-up and keying in the necessary information into the machine PMS satellite.
8) Participate in the discussion and review of team's performance in the daily shift changeover meeting.
9) Perform preventive maintenance of machine e.g. lubrication of bearings, gears, cleaning of ink pumps, dies, etc.
10) Participate in the monthly team meetings which include discussions and review of performance e.g. stoppages, quality, output, etc.
11) Participate in projects undertaken by the team e.g. data collection on stoppages, quality, etc.
12) Assist Technical Specialist in preventive maintenance tasks, shift changeover, gauge changeover as per production schedule.
13) Safety & ISO 14001 Environmental accountability:
Ensure a safe, healthy and environmentally-friendly workplace by observing Company’s rules and procedures. Active involvement in prevention, elimination of potential safety hazards and participation in activities which promotes recycling, replacement and reduction of resource materials.
14) Perform any other tasks as assigned.
Primary Work Location
SGP Tuas - Tuas Plant
SG Normal Production 0700-1600 (Singapore)
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.