BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Senior Accountant in Tuas, Singapore
Job Description Summary
Responsible for BDMS – BDB Operations Monthly Management Reporting, WW Metrics and Corporate Reporting ( through Asia Pacific Finance)
Responsible for BDMS - BDB Plant Cost & Inventory accounting
1.01 Plant costing and business development
• Provider of value added information to stakeholders of the Plant on the plant's financial performance. Act as a business partner to the BDB manufacturing operations to drive for continuous improvements.
• Assist Operations in measuring a Continuous Improvement (CI) plan, managing capital spending and evaluating their justification.
• Coordinate cycle count process by ensuring standard procedures are complied and controls are in place.
• Lead the BDB Plant annual strategic review & budgeting process, cost rollup and quarterly forecasting in terms of raw material cost review, reviewing relevant cost center spending as well as system processing for budgeting.
• Perform all system processing for month end closing.
• Prepare, analyze & present monthly management report ( Flash report) to Tuas - BDB steering team.
• Responsible for Purchase Price Variance analysis and forecasting.
• Develop actual/estimate product cost to support business decision and expansion.
• Seek continuous improvements in budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes so that the information adds value to the operations and decision makers. Act as catalyst for change.
• Impart financial understanding to the Tuas BDB - manufacturing team.
• Responsible for documenting internal controls (Sarbanes-Oxley project) for the BDB Manufacturing processes.
• Ensure flash reports fairly and truly reflect the actual performance of manufacturing. Review cycle count result to evaluate the effectiveness of the inventory perpetual recording system. Approve inventory adjustment to ensure integrity of transaction. Ensure controls on forecast to stock and manufacturing are adequate and implement plans to mitigate risks.
1.03 Leadership Development
• Develop awareness and understanding of the cost/variance/budget information of the BDB steering team.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with internal and external customers and gains their understanding, cooperation and respect.
• Foster a strong team and members to excel in their areas of responsibilities, provide coaching and challenging goals
1.04 Safety & ISO 14001 Environmental accountability: Ensure a safe, healthy and environmentally-friendly workplace by observing Company's rules and procedures. Active involvement in prevention, elimination of potential safety hazards and participation in activities which promotes recycling, replacement and reduction of resource material.
1.05 Safety & health accountability: Safety and health are important to BD and we encourage the observance of all safety programs and training assigned to you. Such programs are to be attended in a timely manner to ensure that work tasks carried out are in accordance to our safety guidelines and SOPs.
1.06 Act as a catalyst for change to respond appropriately to business goals.
Key Competencies & Requirements
An Accountancy degree or professionally qualified, with 5 years or more relevant experience
ERP experience (SAP preferred), proficient in Microsoft Office including strong MS Excel skills.
Able to work in a team with other financial/accounting staff and provide leadership in those areas where the incumbent has primary responsibilities.
Primary Work Location
SGP Tuas - Tuas Plant
SG Normal Office 0745-1645 (Singapore)
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.