BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Bioinformatics Support Engineer - Life Sciences/Genomics in Winnersh, United Kingdom
Job Description Summary
Bioinformatics Support Engineer
Can be home based in the UK/Europe
Competitive Salary + Package
BD is revolutionizing single-cell biology through the invention and application of technologies like BD Rhapsody™ and BD™ AbSeq. The successful candidate will work closely with a team of software developers, bioinformatics scientists, and molecular biologists in this exciting and fast-paced field. She or he will be part of the Customer Support team to empower the delivery of single-cell analysis pipelines to our growing customer base. These complex pipelines are the tools that enable cutting edge research into areas like cancer profiling, cell therapy, and stem cell biology.
Success requires the ability to troubleshoot software problems, to work successfully in teams, and a strong focus on making our customers successful.
This position will support all Europe and will require about 50% travel. This position can work out of a home location site in the territory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Contribute to cross-functional teams and work directly with scientists and engineers to understand computational and analytic needs
• Troubleshoot problems, address issues, and answer questions from internal users, collaborators, and customers
• Test, deploy, automate, run, and support next-generation sequencing & flow analysis pipelines
• Benchmark and evaluate pipeline performance, suggest and implement improvements
• Produce technical content and materials for internal and external users of our products
• Manage the escalation process and document lessons learned
• Bachelor’s degree in biology, computer science, or related field
• Experience in an external customer-facing role
• Experience implementing or running next-generation sequencing and or flow data analysis pipelines,
You will be a team player and have strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to prioritize and deliver results with a high emphasis on quality, technical rigor, and attention to detail.
• Experience with next-generation sequencing data formats (FASTQ, SAM/BAM, FASTA)
• Experience with analysis of flow data including FlowJo
• Experience with any of the following: docker, common workflow language (CWL), Seven Bridges, Arvados, AWS
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience?
Join our external EMEA Talent Community here: http://bd.tal3nt.community at http://bd.tal3nt.community/ / at http://bd.tal3nt.community/
Primary Work Location
GBR Winnersh - Eskdale Road
FRA Le Pont-de-Claix Cedex
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.